Sunday, September 28, 2008

Before the nursery




Well I am excited to say that we are finally finished with the nursery. Here are a few before and after pictures. You wonder why it took so long. This job was more than new paint. Back in February we had insulation added in our walls which left 4 inch holes between each stud. Those holes had to be mudded and sanded. Then we wanted to refinish the hardwood floor. The floor had to be filled with a wood filler first and then sanded. Then after a little trial and error and seven coats of lacquer and two weeks later we finally got it right. This time around we used a different lacquer than the downstairs, it was not as easy to use but the look is gorgeous. The ceiling was textured and a new ceiling fan installed. The original paint color that was chosen was hideous. It was way to orange and had to be repainted a softer yellow. The baseboards and door casings were replaced to match the rest of the house. Michael's mom bought Esther an awesome closet organizer that was not the easiest to put in. The blinds were replaced and curtains were hung. It only took two months to finish the nursery but worth it.
I still am working on the decorating part. I found these cute vinyl monkeys that are placed around the room. I have ordered pictures of animals to go above the bed and a shelf will be placed over the changing table. We still need to get new closet doors and we would like a white solid door for the room. I find myself just standing in Esther's room taking it all in. I can't believe that this is the same room as before. I am so glad the way that it turned out and I know that Esther loves it. She loves her monkey sheets and bumper she can spend and hour just looking at it.

No comments: