Sunday, August 3, 2008

First Bottle

Las Night she was more awake and alert than she has been for us yet! She was looking around and as you can see from the pictures, having some good stretches. She had her first oral feeding last night and did fantastic!!! She surprised Kathryn, The nurse and the doctor by taking 13 cc from the bottle before she pooped out. (she has only been recieving 15 cc through feeding tube so 13 orally was great) This was no surprise to Michael though who after having spent the morning with her told Kathryn "I think she is going to do pretty well, I gave her a little pep talk and I think she listens to me". Also, from the pictures you can see they moved her IV to her head, a common spot for babies.







3 comments:

Judi said...

Way to go, Esther! And good job listening to your dad . . . She is such a darling. I love the pictures of her stretching with her eyes wide open. She is special to me already. Mom M.

Jennifer said...

Esther is absolutely adorable--I'm sure she is doing so well because of all the love you are giving her! At this rate, she is going to be home so fast!

Carrie Hellewell said...

That is so great that she is doing so well! Quite a little champ. And so adorable. I love the pictures of her with her eyes open. She has the cutest little face. Congrats Esther!